Our history with wheatgrass juice dates back to the 1970’s. As part of a group of early adopters, we were attending sprouting user groups and travelling across North America learning and sharing information.
We can say with absolute certainty that the juice can do incredible things for people and also say with absolute certainty that we do not know why. Over the years, wheatgrass juice has developed a large following of people who have seen and experienced the benefits.
Bold (But Highly Questionable) Statements
Exciting results and genuine enthusiasm have created a number of bold statements about why wheatgrass juice is so good; including:
- 1 fl. oz. of wheatgrass juice is equivalent to 2½ pounds of the choicest vegetables
- wheatgrass is mineral rich and contains 92 minerals needed by the body
- it is a complete protein containing 20+ amino acids and has higher protein densities than any other food source
- the magic is in the enzymes with more than 30 found in the juice
- the juice is 70% chlorophyll and since the chlorophyll molecule is virtually identical to hemoglobin (red blood cells that carry oxygen), wheatgrass juice will oxygenate your body
- an as of yet unidentified, tiny molecule is responsible for the positive effects
An Accurate Evaluation
For the most part, these statements have been hypotheses not facts. Further investigation has shown some to be partially or often entirely inaccurate. Although the explanations have not always stood up to rigorous scrutiny, the good intentions of the people making them, their high experiences and the benefits derived from the use of wheatgrass juice have never been in question.
Although we do not understand the mechanics of how nutrition operates, you have to get this juice, should certainly have high expectations and are advised to just be your own best observer. When you add high quality nutrition to your diet, your body knows exactly what to do with it.
There Is Plenty Of Published Research
Click the button below for details.