Our wheatgrass juice really is a labor of love. Of course, we are also our own best customers so when we do things, we do them right.
- 6 x deeper root system
- 10 x longer growth cycle
- This gives us a better plant
- We juice for high nutritional densities
- We protect the juice with vacuum sealing
- We flash freeze with a liquid nitrogen based freezing system for the fastest possible freeze
Taste & Tolerability
- We filter out all of the indigestible fibre
- Our packaging prevents oxidation (browning)
- No molds means no bitter taste
- Fast preparation keeps it fresh and delicious
Superior food safety
- Freezing keeps food safe because it stops the biological clock, virtually eliminating the movement of molecules
- This keeps nutrient levels intact and prevents the growth of microorganisms that cause food spoilage and foodborne illness.
Wheatgrass Nutrition Facts And Lab Tests
There are a variety of technologies and laboratory test procedures that we perform to ensure quality and safety. Of particular note, juice testing is done on a continuous basis and each package of wheatgrass juice contains a 4 digit lot tracking number.
Health & Safety
Pathogen Testing (Every Lot)
- ACC (Aerobic Colony Count)
- e.coli (Escherichia Coli)
Quality Baseline Is Chlorophyll
During production, we use a spectrophotomer to ensure that we meet a minimum concentration of chlorophyll. A spectrophotomer measures the transmission and absorbance of light in specific frequency bands. This allows one to target and measure the density of specific elements. There are actually several types of chlorophyll includng chlorophyll A, B, C1, C2, D and F. We do our testing on chlorophyll A as it is the only one directly involved in the process of photosynthesis. You can read more here about chlorophyll at Wikipedia.
Safety Achieved With Our Sanitary Washing System
Due to a variety of factors such as cut-height, a young crop harvest, no local pests and equipment customization we start with exceptionally clean grass. Regardless, we wash it and maintain a strict set of sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP) which begins with an immersion bath in H2O3.
H2O3 combines water H2O with extra oxygen atoms O2. The oxygen atoms are loosely attached and can easily jump from the wash water into the cells of any unwanted pathogens while leaving the plant completely untouched. Far better than chlorine or other chemical systems which damage the plant and leave behind residue, H2O3 quickly returns to its base components which are simply water and oxygen. To remove any wash water, the grass is also fresh water rinsed with tested well water. The sanitized, cleaned and rinsed grass is dried prior to juicing. This ensures that you get nothing but juice.